History of our Church
The West Nashville Cumberland Presbyterian Church (WNCP) has as deep history in the West Nashville Community of over 120 years.
The original church was organized in 1893 after a tent revival, with its first church building built in June, 1895. In April, 1900, a new building in the Nations was constructed on the corner of 51st Avenue North and Kentucky. In 1927, a new building was erected on the front part of the lot facing 51st Avenue.
In 1976, construction began on our current property at 6849 Charlotte Pike long before The Nashville West Shopping Center. In 1980 a new Sunday School wing was added on to the facilities. The church celebrated its 100th birthday in June of 1995.